The annual Christmas Party raising funds for The Cardoner Project's international works will again take place in 2014. The Cardoner Project is an organisation run by young school graduates, for young school graduates providing fulfilling short-term and long-term service opportunities locally and internationally. Supporting communities in Micronesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Mexico, Ecuador, Nepal and East Timor, all profits raised from The Christmas Party will go directly towards providing basic living necessities for these communities. Tickets available fromwww.trybooking.com/GBXP
On the evening, The Cardoner Christmas raffle will be drawn and the prize pool this year is as good as ever. In no particular order:
- Accommodation in the iconic area of Montmartre, Paris generously donated by the O’Grady family. Travel voucher to the value of $300 courtesy of Direct Link Travel included.
- A week’s accommodation in Hat Head (North Coast) kindly donated by the Cornelius family.
- A book hamper thanks to The Children’s Bookshop Beecroft.
- Mr. Black Cold Drip Coffee Liqueur (gold medalist at the London Wine and Spirit Competition, the highest accolade ever for an Australian spirit) and Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin (produced in the Yarra Valley) worth a combined value of $140. Both generously donated by Vanguard Luxury Brands.
- A dinner at Piato restaurant, McMahons Point.
- A $250 seafood voucher at Costi Seafood, Northbridge kindly donated by the Costi family.
- Dinner at The Morrison.
- A breakfast or lunch at Rose Bay Park Café.
- A week’s stay at a Manly penthouse overlooking North Styne beach.
Show your support for a great cause and celebrate Christmas early with The Cardoner Project! For more information on The Project like our Facebook page or visit http://thecardonerproject.org/
VENUE: Jesuit House
202 Broadway Chippendale
Sydney, NSW 2008
TICKETS: Adults - $50, Under 18's - $40 (all food and drink included).
CONTACT DETAILS: Any member of the organising committee:
The Cardoner Project is teaming up with Jesuit Social Services to bring you FLYBZ, July 17 at Jesuit House, 202 Broadway.
Once refugees from Sudan and now living in Melbourne, FLYBZ are now Australia's number 1 African hip hop act and have songs with Aussie legends like Paul Kelly.
So come along and listen to some music followed by a Q&A session about their story.
$10 at the door will get you in and the bar will be open serving cheap drinks, in what is sure to be a great night!
For some additional background check out their website: http://www.flybzonline.com/
Fr.Frank Brennan SJ will be talking on 'The Morality and Legality of Australian Asylum Policy'. Food and drinks will on sale. See you at 5.30 pm